Dreamy baths? We’ve featured more than a few in our 25-plus-years history. While there’s no single formula for success, the secret ingredients are more or less the same: original spaces, custom details, timeless flourishes and a healthy dose of personal style. These are a few of our favorite stylish—and indulgent—retreats through the years.
5. A limestone countertop, moravian star pendant and arabesque-style Nina Campbell wallpaper pack in the punch at the hands of Lauren Deloach and Spitzmiller and Norris.
6. White marble tiles, mercury glass sconces and a lee jofa print create an ethereal effect in a bath by Liz Williams and Stan Dixon.
7. An elliptical tub (set on a marble platform to capitalize on views) and basket-weave tiles fashion a high-style bath at the residences at mandarin oriental, atlanta by Graysonharris.
8. & 9. A subtle cross pattern on the shower floor and the freestanding, backlit vanity are stunning additions to the cathedral antiques show by Jenny Rothman, a designer at Hammersmith.
10. A freestanding nickel tub, a sparkling chandelier hung from an arch-top ceiling and art from Anne Irwin Fine Art fashion a glamorous space by interior designer Courtney Giles.
11. Marble floors set the tone for a sumptuous master bath that includes a stand-alone waterworks tub with a kallista tub filler and area rug from Designer Carpets. Interior design by Barbara Westbrook.
12. A glass shower disappears among the white marble-covered master bath designed by Amy D. Morris. A gilded mirror holds court above his and hers vanities, adding an elegant touch.
13. A nearly invisible walk-in shower is backed by a luxurious, marble-lined wall. Interior design by Betty Burgess.
14. & 15. With elegant fixtures and an expansive walk-in shower, designer Barbara Howard and architect William H. Harrison prove rustic and refined aren’t mutually exclusive in a North Georgia abode.
16. Calacatta marble heightens the luxury quotient in this master bathroom designed by Amy D. Morris, while cotton window treatments with trim and an antique chair in a scalamandre velvet add up-to-date energy.
17. Chevron-patterned walls and floors, a stainless- steel tub and strips of granite make an elegant statement in an all-white beach retreat designed by Melanie Turner.
18. Raised windows allow for light and privacy in this spa-like master bathroom designed by Joel Kelly. Porcelain tile and quartz carve out a luxurious space that includes a duravit soaking tub and shower that’s outfitted with tile colored to mimic teak.