The 2019 Cashiers Designer Showhouse, presented by Cashiers Historical Society and Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles, opens this month at a cozy and rustic cabin at the base of Black Rock mountain. Tucked away in the shadow of the mountain, the property embodies the raw and timeless beauty of the Western North Carolina Mountains. Designers from all over have worked tirelessly to transform this house and stable into a home that is just as awe-inspiring as the picturesque landscape that surrounds it. Enjoy a day in the country with beauty to behold both indoors and out, along with a host of special events. The Showhouse opens to the public for tours July 25–August 4.
THE HOUSE | Situated on 28 acres of farmland and the former Cosper’s Flower Farm, the 2019 Cashiers Designer Showhouse blends seamlessly with the beauty of the mountain landscape. The house and barn embody the rustic charm of the region while also boasting fresh and stylish designs thanks to the efforts of some of the Southeast’s most talented designers.
- Main House
- Nancy Dyleski and Melanie Couch, Spruce Interiors – Foyer
- Joan Anderson, Joan Anderson Interiors – Dining Room and Kitchen
- Holly M. Laughridge, Old Edwards Inn and Spa – Master Bedroom
- Eric Ross, Eric Ross Interiors – Great Room
- Douglas Hilton, DWH Interiors – Main Floor Deck
- Cathy Rhodes, Cathy Rhodes Interiors – Front Bedroom
- Teri Duffy, T. Duffy & Associates — Back Bedroom facing Mountain
- Kerry Howard, KMH Interiors – Left Side of Great Room
- Jamie McPherson, J. Elliott Style – Right Side of Great Room
- Lisa Wester, Lisa Wester Interiors – Lower Left Deck
- Bruce Andrews, Bruce Andrews Design – Bedroom
- Christy Dillard, CDK Interiors – Lower Level
- Dee Simmons, Dee Simmons Interiors – Left Bedroom and Bath
- Leigh Olive Mowry, Olive Interiors – Back Bedroom and Deck Facing Mountain
EVENTS | Don’t miss out on the plethora of events such as demos, live paintings, fly-fishing guides, and other events that will make this an unforgettable experience for all who attend. The Horse Cove Social and Preview Night party will kick off the festivities, followed by the rest of the week of events, finally coming to an end on August 4th. Visit cashiershistoricalsociety.org/events for up-to-date information.
BENEFICIARY | Committed to upholding the identity and heritage of Cashiers Valley through education, stewardship and advocacy, the Cashiers Historical Society produces and presents the Cashiers Designer Showhouse with Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles magazine as their largest fundraiser. Proceeds from this two week event go towards furthering their mission to share and preserve Cashier’s rich history. Cashiershistoricalsociety.org