Fourth of July Inspirations
July may have snuck up on us here at AH&L, but Perennials Fabrics has got just the thing to put us in the patriotic spirit in time for the Fourth. Their collection, “Stars, Stripes and Checks,” brings together playful patterns and fresh colors to create fabrics that are quintessentially American. Perfect for a summer at the lake or for lounging by the pool, these outdoor fabrics are soil-, mildew- and tear-resistant, and they come with a three-year warranty against fading. And with colors like Tutti Frutti, Lime Punch and Pelican, this collection is sure to evoke the spirit of America in any outdoor setting.”¨
To add a punch of Americana in an unexpected way, try this pillow by Karen Hilton Designs. With a classic stars and stripes motif in bold colors like hot pink and yellow, it combines a classic pattern with a dash of whimsy.
Taken at Camp Gordon right here in Atlanta, these inspiring patriotic pictures available at wisteria.com are made up by thousands of people, including military troops, arranged to show support for America’s involvement in World War I. Taken by Arthur Mole in either 1917 or 1918, these living photographs are a graphic addition to any room year round.
On display right now at dk Gallery in Marietta is a special “Fireworks” show, featuring works by artists like Lane Carlson, Michael Leidel, and Ab the Flag Man. The show, which runs through most of July, draws on inspirations of all things American.
”¨Atlanta is also getting in the spirit of the Fourth with several Independence Day celebrations all over the city:”¨”¨
- Fifty-five thousand runners will descend on Atlanta this Sunday for the 40th annual AJC Peachtree Road Race, the world’s largest 10K. The 6.2-mile course stretches from Buckhead to Midtown’s Piedmont Park, with live Jam While You Jog! bands featured throughout the course for both onlookers and runners to enjoy.”¨ ”¨
- Lenox Square will host the Southeast’s largest July 4th celebration with live music, a kid zone and a signature fireworks show accompanied by patriotic music.”¨ ”¨
- If you can’t make it out to Lenox Square, you can still catch the”¨spectacular fireworks display from a number of local hotspots. For $25, Whiskey Blue at the W Hotel Atlanta Buckhead will have food and drink specials for guests looking to catch the show at 9 p.m. The Glenn Hotel Rooftop bar will also be open for guests to watch as the night sky is lit up, with $20 tickets that include two complimentary cocktails. The Mansion on Peachtree is holding an all-American barbecue buffet dinner by NEO and a fireworks viewing party from the top of the building for $75.”¨”¨
- Want to celebrate the fourth but not miss the big game? Following the Braves game against Florida, the sky above the stadium will explode with their very own 4th of July firework extravaganza.”¨”¨
- Decatur will hold its own Independence Day celebration with a Pied Piper”¨Parade, community concert and fireworks display, all in the heart of downtown Decatur.
- Centennial Park is also holding a daylong bash with children’s activities, live music featuring headliner Vertical Horizon and a choreographed fireworks display to round out the evening.