Kohler: On Saving Water
Three-time Master Plumber and how-to guru for Kohler, Ed Del Grande has more than 30 years of experience in construction, hosts “Ed the Plumber” on the DIY Network, has published a homeowner’s guide book, House Call, and most recently has embraced the issue of water conservation. Here, he offers his top five tips for saving water in your home:
(1) The toilet is the No. 1 water-wasting feature in your house! Upgrade your toilet to a low-flow model, the current standard is 1.6 gallons per flush.
(2) Put an aerator on every faucet in your home and cut your water usage in half.
(3) Take a shorter shower. Cut just one minute off your daily shower and save 80 gallons of water a week.
(4) Replace a leaky faucet. One drip per second can waste 2,700 gallons of water per year.
(5) “They’re not making any new water,” says Del Grande. One person can make a difference: shorten your shower, upgrade your faucets and toilets – saving water is saving water.
For water saving products, visit kohler.com. For more of Ed’s tips, visit eddelgrande.com.