AH&L’s Best of November
This month, our calendars are packed with holiday festivities and wintertime traditions.
- Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles hosts a magical evening of design and new releases at Bungalow Classic on Thursday, November 12. Guests will celebrate Suzanne Kasler’s new products for Hickory Chair and the release of Mark D. Sikes’ MDS Stripes, and enjoy bites from Anne Quatrano’s newest restaurant at Ponce City Market, W.H. Stiles Fish Camp. RSVP by Friday, November 6 at [email protected].
- Be among the first to preview Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles’ Home for the Holidays Showhouse at our opening night party, Moonlight and Mistletoe. Held on Thursday, November 19, the evening offers guests an exclusive look at this year’s showhouse before it opens to the public on November 20. Enjoy decadent bites and libations while touring the sprawling English estate and mingling with this year’s designer talents. This year’s honorees are Hal Ainsworth and Winton Noah of Ainsworth-Noah, celebrated for their enduring achievements and influence within the design community. Purchase tickets here, and find more information at atlantaholidyhome.com.
- Award-winning designer John Oetgen divulges his expert advice on mixing color, pattern and texture on November 19 with his ADAC tour, Interior Perspectives: A Look at Fabrics with John Oetgen. A connoisseur of deftly layered interiors, Oetgen will demonstrate the power of fabrics and how they can add personality and panache to any space.
- Join Louisiana textile maven Rebecca Vizard of B VIZ Design on Wednesday, November 11 at Foxglove Antiques to celebrate the release Once Upon a Pillow, her fresh-off-the-press, richly illustrated book detailing her tips and tricks for transforming antique textiles into one-of-a-kind pillows and accessories. Vizard will be on-site to sign copies of her coffee-table tome, available to purchase for $75.
- Join AH&L on November 21 for a Day of Design at the Home for the Holidays Showhouse. Sponsored by ADAC, the all-day event will feature tours, lectures and discussions on everything from design elements of the showhouse, tips on creating striking vignettes and the digital era of design. Featured speakers include architect William H. Harrison, designer Robert Brown, photo stylist Elle Roper, designer, blogger and stylist, Mandy Kellogg Rye, Paul + owner Jared Paul and Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles’ Elizabeth Ralls. Lectures take place on the terrace level of Home for the Holidays, and are free with the cost of admission. Pictured: Paul + at ADAC.